In 2015 the potential benefits of the recently established breed of Australian Whites for higher and faster weight gain on the better Bungarby country was realised and consequently a stud ram and stud ewes were purchased from Tattykeeel, plus some commercial rams to cross with the White Dorpers. This was the start of the Woburn Whites stud.
The Australian White has been bred to produce high stability in both breed type and functional traits.
The Australian White is:
- a medium to large breed with good mobility and conformation
- early maturing and has an open breeding season
- a white sheep with a full hair pattern and good shedding
- a breed that has high reproductive capabilities, which make it able to perform ideally as a self replacing flock
- a breed that suits Australian conditions and markets